www.telugubhakti.com Digest Number 4763

Satsangam by p_gopi_krishna
7.1
Positive Life by p_gopi_krishna

Messages

Wed Sep 5, 2018 10:47 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story: Competing with Others

I was jogging one day and i noticed a person in front of me, about 1/4 of mile. I could tell he was running a little slower than me and I thought, good, i shall try to catch him. I had about a mile to go my path before i needed to turn off.So i started running faster and faster. Every block, i was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes i was only about 100 yards behind him, so i really picked up the pace and push myself. You would have thought i was running in the last leg of London Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him. Finally, i did it! I caught and passed him by. On the inside i felt so good.

"I beat him" of course, he didn't even know we were racing. After i passed him, i realized i had been so focused on competing against him that i had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past it. I had to turn around and go all back. Isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbors, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God given destinies.

.. Paradigm Wisdom Blog ..

Wed Sep 5, 2018 10:56 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story Of Farmer's Daughter

A young man wished to marry the farmer's beautiful daughter. He went to the farmer to ask his permission.

The farmer looked him over and said,

"Son, go stand out in that field. I'm going to release three bulls, one at a time. If you can catch the tail of any one of the three bulls, you can marry my daughter."

The young man stood in the pasture awaiting the first bull.

The barn door opened and out ran the biggest, meanest-looking bull he had ever seen. He decided that one of the next bulls had to be a better choice than this one, so he ran over to the side and let the bull pass through the pasture out the back gate.

The barn door opened again. Unbelievable. He had never seen anything so big and fierce in his life. It stood pawing the ground, grunting, slinging slobber as it eyed him. Whatever the next bull was like, it had to be a better choice than this one. He ran to the fence and let the bull pass through the pasture, out the back gate.

The door opened a third time. A smile came across his face. This was the weakest, scrawniest little bull he had ever seen. This one was his bull. As the bull came running by, he positioned himself just right and jumped at just the exact moment.

He grabbed… but the bull had no tail!

Moral

Life is full of opportunities. Some will be easy to take advantage of, some will be difficult. But once we let them pass (often in hopes of something better), those opportunities may never again be available. So always grab the first opportunity.

Wed Sep 5, 2018 10:58 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story - Sharpen Your Skills

Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job with a timber merchant, and he got it. His salary was really good and so were the working conditions. For that reason, the woodcutter was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to fell the trees. The first day, the woodcutter brought down 15 trees.

" Congratulations," the boss said. " Carry on with your work!"

Highly motivated by the words of his boss, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he only could bring 10 trees down. The third day he tried even harder, but he was only able to bring down 7 trees.

Day after day he was bringing lesser number of trees down.

" I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

" When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked..

" Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees..."

That's right. Most of us NEVER update our skills. We think that whatever we have learned is very much enough. But good is not good when better is expected. Sharpening our skills from time to time is the key to success.

.. Paradigm Wisdom Blog ..

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:00 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story: Keeping Others Happy

A 10 year old boy went to an Ice cream shop & asked how much a cone costs. waiter said "Rs. 18" then the boy started counting how much he had. n he asked how much does a small cone costs. the Irritated waiter said "Rs. 15". then the boy ordered for a small cone. he ate, paid the bill & left. when the waiter came to pick the plate he was surprised, the boy had left Rs.3 as tips for him :)

Always Try To Make Everyone Happy With Whatever You Have. How do you plan to do it TODAY?

.. Paradigm Wisdom Blog ..

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:04 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story: Self Appraisal

A little boy went into a drug store, reached for a soda carton and pulled it over to the telephone. He climbed onto the carton so that he could reach the buttons on the phone and proceeded to punch in ten-digits (phone numbers).

The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:

Boy: 'Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman: (at the other end of the phone line): 'I already have someone to cut my lawn.'

Boy: 'Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who cuts your lawn now.'

Woman: I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.

Boy: (with more perseverance): 'I'll even sweep your curb and your sidewalk, so on Sunday you will have the prettiest lawn in all of Palm beach, Florida.'

Woman: No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver.

The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.

Store Owner: 'Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job.'

Boy: 'No thanks'.

Store Owner: But you were really pleading for one.

Boy: No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady, I was talking to!'

.. Paradigm Wisdom Blog ..

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:07 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story: The Power Of Positive Talk

I remember my dad teaching me the power of language at a very young age. Not only did my dad understand that specific words affect our mental pictures, but he understood words are a powerful programming factor in lifelong success.

One particularly interesting event occurred when I was eight. As a kid, I was always climbing trees, poles, and literally hanging around upside down from the rafters of our lake house. So, it came to no surprise for my dad to find me at the top of a 30-foot tree swinging back and forth. My little eight-year-old brain didn't realize the tree could break or I could get hurt. I just thought it was fun to be up so high.

My older cousin, Tammy,was also in the same tree. She was hanging on the first big limb, about ten feet below me. Tammy's mother also noticed us at the exact time my dad did. About that time a huge gust of wind came over the tree. I could hear the leaves start to rattle and the tree begin to sway. I remember my dad's voice over the wind yell, "Bart, Hold on tightly." So I did. The next thing I know, I heard Tammy screaming at the top of her lungs, laying flat on the ground. She had fallen out of the tree.

I scampered down the tree to safety. My dad later told me why she fell and I did not. Apparently, when Tammy's mother felt the gust of wind, she yelled out, "Tammy, don't fall!" And Tammy did fall. My dad then explained to me that the mind has a very difficult time processing a negative image.

In fact, people who rely on internal pictures cannot see a negative at all.. In order for Tammy to process the command of not falling, her nine-year-old brain had to first imagine falling, then try to tell the brain not to do what it just imagined. Whereas, my eight-year-old brain instantly had an internal image of me hanging on tightly.

This concept is especially useful when you are attempting to break a habit or set a goal. You can't visualize not doing something.

The only way to properly visualize not doing something is to actually find a word for what you want to do and visualize that.

For example, when I was thirteen years old, I played for my junior high school football team. I tried so hard to be good, but I just couldn't get it together at that age. I remember hearing the words run through my head as I was running out for a pass, "Don't drop it!" Naturally, I dropped the ball. My coaches were not skilled enough to teach us proper "self-talk." They just thought some kids could catch and others couldn't. I'll never make it pro, but I'm now a pretty good Sunday afternoon football player, because all my internal dialogue is positive and encourages me to win.

I wish my dad had coached me playing football instead of just climbing trees. I might have had a longer football career. If our parents can set a lifetime of programming with one wrong statement, imagine the kind of programming you are doing on a daily basis with your own internal dialogue.

Here is a list of Toxic Vocabulary words. Notice when you or other people use them.

Ø But: Negates any words that are stated before it.

Ø Try: Presupposes failure.

Ø If: Presupposes that you may not.

Ø Might: It does nothing definite. It leaves options for your listener..

Ø Would Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen.

Ø Should Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen implies guilt

Ø Could Have: Past tense that draws attention to things that didn't actually happen but the person tries to take credit as if it did happen.

Ø Can't/Don't: These words force the listener to focus on exactly the opposite of what you want. This is a classic mistake that parents and coaches make without knowing the damage of this linguistic error.

Example-1:

Toxic phrase: "Don't drop the ball!"

Likely result: Drops the ball

Better language: "Catch the ball!"* *

Example-2:

Toxic phrase: "You shouldn't watch so much television."

Likely result: Watches more television.

Better language: "I read too much television makes people stupid.

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:09 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Story: From Stress To Strength

By Junaid Tahir

Being jobless for the last three months I am depressed now a days. My son has lost his admission from a good school and he might have to go to a less qualitative school. I have moved from a spacious apartment to a less good apartment in order to reduce my living expenses. My wife, being a woman, naturally has built extra stress. On top of that my father in law has died a week ago which has added fuel to fire, putting our family in more miserable state. And now I have met an accident too !!!

In these circumstances I have two mental choices; either to feel depressed and keep thinking about my complications, loosening my peace of mind and impacting my family life OR replace my negative thoughts with 7 super mental powers about self confidence, positivity, consistent courage and implosiveness and keep applying for new jobs with positive momentum. I choose the second option because I believe that that the pain I am undergoing today will empower my character. My strengths will then boost my confidence and make me a successful man one day. I understand that time does not stop and does not remain the same.

I understand that good and bad phases are part of the package called life. While good times make me happy; bad times strengthen the 'inner' me. I don't really know how much time it would take to regain my blessings and I don't know the logic on why God has put me in this exam however I believe in the quote which says that God takes men into deep waters not to drown them but to cleanse them. Although my mind cannot fathom the wisdom behind God's decision but I truly believe in His decisions. I also believe in the four spiritual powers; one of them says that whatever is happening is the best thing that could have happened.

After two months:By the grace of God, I have landed on a job which is very exciting, full of professional exposure and offers a nice salary. Time has healed my wife's mental stress due to the death of her father although such kind of demise loss is irreplaceable. My son and daughter have got admission in a good school because the admissions for new academic year were still open !

Overall commentary on this episode of life is that time does not stop and does not remain the same. A person needs to have the resilient approach towards life such that he does not loses his focus from pursuit of happiness and consistently keep applying the great principles of life such as honesty, hard work and positive life approach. Now that I am back on the track of normal life so I can confidently state that the most important things which helped me fight crisis were my consistent trait of patience, firm belief in God and positive attitude towards life applying 7 super mental powers all the times. So, while I wish you all the best life can offer you, I would highly recommend demonstrate the same approach towards life in case you are trapped in any of such situations.

Once again, I wish you all the best !

.. Paradigm Wisdom Blog ..

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:13 am (PDT) . Posted by:

p_gopi_krishna

Teach me to conquer the self by the Self. May I never permit the blind ego in me to obstruct the soul. Bless me, that I willingly appoint the soul as the body's only charioteer. (Sri Paramahansa Yogananda)

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:21 am (PDT) . Posted by:

p_gopi_krishna

THE WORLD CONSISTS, TULSI, OF DIVERSE KINDS OF FOLK, GREET THEM ALL WITH A SMILE, IT'S A GATHERING IN A BOAT.

तुलसी इस संसार में. भांति भांति के लोग। सबसे हस मिल बोलिए, नदी नाव संजोग॥

Wed Sep 5, 2018 12:14 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

p_gopi_krishna

Be liberal and benevolent in the use of things. Serve the poor, the sick and the distressed who suffer from shortage. Their heart is the abode of God. By serving them you will serve God. Therefore do not have the feeling of hatred, malice and jealousy for them. (Swami Ramsukhdasa)

वस्तुओं के उपयोग में उदार और परोपकारी बनो| गरीब, बीमार और अभावग्रस्त लोगों की सेवा करो| उनके ह्रदय में भगवान रहता है| उनकी सेवा करके तुम ईश्वर की सेवा करोगे| अत: उनके प्रति घ्रिना, दुर्भाव और ईर्ष्या की भावना मत रखो|

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:18 am (PDT) . Posted by:

p_gopi_krishna

The profession of a teacher is the noblest and the most responsible one in every country. If the teacher strays from the path of truth, the entire society will suffer. Hence teachers must make every effort to live their life uprightly. You have in your charge, looking up to you for guidance, innocent children who have no knowledge yet of the world and its ways.. It is only when the teachers themselves are wedded to discipline and observe good habits that their pupils will be able to shape themselves into ideal individuals and citizens. Cultivate in your own heart the spirit of sacrifice, the virtues of charity and the awareness of Divinity. Then you will easily cultivate these in the hearts of the children. Try your best to reshape the present educational system. In the initial stages you will find this task very difficult and exhausting, but be assured, in time, you will find your task more easy. Sri Satya Sai Baba.

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:20 am (PDT) . Posted by:

p_gopi_krishna

Humility is the pathway to Krishna, not the password to position in a power structure

Some people are humble and submissive in front of their seniors, but haughty and abusive with their juniors.

Why are they two-faced? Because their humility is just a façade, a password to power in hierarchical organizations. In such organizations, only by showing subordination to one's seniors can one gain position. So, power-hungry people act humble in front of their seniors. But with their juniors, they deem humility dispensable; they delight in exhibiting and exercising their power.

When such people come to a spiritual organization, they may grow externally in position, but they won't grow internally in devotion. Why not? Because devotional growth requires raising our vision from material reality to spiritual reality.

Gita wisdom reveals spiritual reality: we are souls on a multi-life journey of spiritual evolution towards the all-attractive Supreme, Krishna. Our eternal position is that we are his servants, meant to delight in endless love for him. Presently however, we are caught in a world of illusion. Herein, at any moment, our positions can be taken away, either by tribulations that dispossess us or by temptations that delude us. When we understand how existentially vulnerable we are, we naturally become humble; we see our relative superiority over others as temporary and insubstantial. Our only lasting security is in our relationship with Krishna – a relationship that requires a humble service attitude. Therefore, we cultivate humility not as a tool to power, but as a virtue to approach our Lord. Pertinently, the Bhagavad-gita (13.08) states that humility is a primary characteristic of knowledge.

Infused with such humility, we re-envision all our relationships, even with our juniors, as opportunities to serve Krishna. With Krishna as our life's goal, we seek pleasure not in dominating others, but in humbly helping them progress towards him while also determinedly progressing ourselves.

Think it over:

Why are some people humble towards seniors but domineering towards juniors?

How does spiritual knowledge foster humility?

How can we infuse all our relationships with humility?

Read more https://www.gitadaily.com/humility-is-the-pathway-to-krishna-not-the-password-to-position-in-a-power-structure/ https://www.gitadaily.com/humility-is-the-pathway-to-krishna-not-the-password-to-position-in-a-power-structure/

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:23 am (PDT) . Posted by:

The Meaning of Krishna Jayanti

Krishna has said in the Gītā (4.9) — janma karma ca me divyam — my birth and activities are transcendental.

Especially his birth is known by two popular names — Janmāṣṭamī and Kṛṣṇa-jayantī.

The term 'jayantī' has been used very liberally in modern Indian culture and birthdays of kings, political leaders as well as non-Vedic deities are also termed as jayantīs by many individuals. On a particular website, the birthday of Karl Marx is also termed as 'Marx-jayantī' (the communist who did so neither understands his own siddhāntas nor the siddhāntas of the Vedas).

The Haribhaktivilāsa (15.331) gives a precise definition of the term 'jayantī' as follows:

अष्टमी कृष्णपक्षस्य रोहिणीऋक्षसंयुता

भवेत् प्रौष्ठपदे मासि 'जयन्ती' नाम सा स्मृता

aṣṭamī kṛṣṇa-pakṣasya

rohiṇī-ṛkṣa-saṁyutā

bhavet prauṣṭhapade māsi

'jayantī' nāma sā smṛtā

Translation: The name 'jayantī' is understood to be applicable exclusively to the eighth day of the dark-fortnight of the Bhādra Month aligned with the Rohiṇī constellation.

This verse is also found in the Kāla-mādhava of Mādhavācārya. Srila Jiva Goswami says in the Kṛṣṇa-sandarbha as follows:

naivam avatārāntarasya kasya vānyasya janma-dinaṁ jayanty-ākhyayātiprasiddham |

Translation: The appearance or birth of any other incarnation of Krishna or of any other person is thus not popularly known as 'jayantī'.

By this it should be understood that the term 'jayantī' is applicable exclusively to the appearance day of Krishna and applying it to the birthdays of other personalities, especially those who are not born on the same day becomes an example of a misnomer.

Having said that, it is also necessary to end on a sweet note (mādhuryeṇa samāpayet). Whether it is kathā or prasāda, we try our best to end with something sweet. Therefore, I quote a verse from Srila Jiva Goswami's Gopāla-campūḥ which describes the great celebration that took place at Nanda Maharaja's palace after Krishna's appearance. Srila Jiva Goswami says:

विबभूव विना सत्यं ध्यानं त्रेतां विना मखः

विना द्वापरमभ्यर्चा हरेर्नाम कलिं विना

vibabhūva vinā satyaṁ

dhyānaṁ tretāṁ vinā makhaḥ

vinā dvāparam abhyarcāṁ

harer nāma kaliṁ vinā

[In that celebration named Nandotsava]:

"Even though it was not Satya-yuga, everyone meditated perfectly on Krishna. Even though it was not Tretā-yuga, the priests performed fire-sacrifices. Even though it was not Dvāpara-yuga*, the pujārīs worshipped the Viṣṇu-deities perfectly. And even though Kali-yuga had not yet arrived, the holy name of Krishna was resounding everywhere." (Gopāla-campūḥ, Pūrva, 3rd Pūraṇa)

In this way, the simultaneous execution of the supreme perfection processes of the respective four ages was seen in the courtyard of Nanda Maharaja.

* — It was not exactly dvāpara-yuga because Dvāpara had almost reached its end and such a time is technically known as Yuga-sandhyā (the period between the two yugas when the former yuga has ended and the new yuga has not yet started).

When Krishna appeared on Janmāṣṭamī, the Śrīmad-bhāgavatam (10.3.4) says — vavau vāyuḥ sukha-sparśaḥ puṇya-gandhavahaḥ śuciḥ — Pleasing, pure and aromatic winds (vāyu) started blowing.

Why would the wind suddenly start blowing in a pleasing and aromatic way? The devotee poet Harisūri expresses a poetic possibility for the same as follows:

पुत्रेण प्राग्घनुमता कृतयाऽस्य भूयः सुश्रूषयाऽत्र भृशमस्मि कृतार्थ एव

साक्षात्तथाप्यहमिहापि समाचरेयं सेवामतः परिचचार तदा स दासः

putreṇa prāg ghanumatā kṛtayā 'sya bhūyaḥ

suśrūṣayā 'tra bhṛśam asmi kṛtārtha eva

sākṣāt tathāpy aham ihāpi samācareyaṁ

sevām ataḥ paricacāra tadā sa dāsaḥ

Translation: The wind god thought, "In the previous age (tretā), an immense amount of service was rendered for the Lord by my son (Hanumān) and simply by his service, I am blessed. Yet it is very much desirable that I should render direct service to the Lord through my body."

Therefore that servant of the Lord named Vāyu rendered this service of blowing pleasing winds for the pleasure of the Lord.

https://www.indiadivine.org/the-meaning-of-jayanti/ https://www.indiadivine.org/the-meaning-of-jayanti/

Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:33 am (PDT) . Posted by:

Secret of Life

The secret of life is to make the best

of whatever comes along,

Make every day fresh and new,

Go in search of knowledge and experience.

Let your questions and

your answers reconcile.

Do your best to remember

that the best kind of learning curve

is an educated smile.

Share your magic with the people

who share your memories.

Let your feelings run deep.

Be in touch with the people

who live in your heart.

Be a caring person who plays for keeps.

To really know what success means, earn it.

Don't rely on some elevator to get you there.

The higher the floor you want to reach,

the more important it is to take the stairs.

The easiest lessons to remember

are the ones you learn the hard way!

Appreciate the little things

that make each day

unique and special.

ramnath ramnath

<ramnath1949@gmail.com>

Wed Sep 5, 2018 12:22 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

How to Live Well

Post written by Leo Babauta .

'Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life..' ~Seneca

I'm not a rich man, nor do I fly around the world and drink champagne with famous people in exotic locales, nor do I own a sports car or SUV or a yacht.

And yet, I'm very happy.

Much happier than seven years ago when I ate fried foods and sweets all time time and felt unhealthy and overweight, when I watched television and was out of shape, when I shopped a lot and was in debt, when I worked a job that paid fairly well and had no time for myself or my loved ones.

How have I accomplished this? With small tricks. The truth is, you don't need a lot to live well - you just need the right mindset.

Here's what I've learned about living well on little:

1. You need very little to be happy. Some simple plant food, modest shelter, a couple changes of clothes, a good book, a notebook, some meaningful work, and some loved ones.

2. Want little, and you are not poor. You can have a lot of money and possessions, but if you always want more, you are poorer than the guy who has little and wants nothing.

3. Focus on the present. Stop worrying about the future and holding onto the past. How much of your day is spent thinking about things other than where you are and what you're doing, physically, at this moment? How often are we living as opposed to stuck thinking about other things? Live now and you live fully.

4. Be happy with what you have and where you are. Too often we want to be somewhere else, doing something else, with other people than whoever we're with right now, getting things other than what we already have. But where we are is great! Who we're with (including just ourselves) is already perfect. What we have is enough. What we're doing already is amazing.

5. Be grateful for the small pleasures in life. Berries, a square of dark chocolate, tea - simple pleasures that are so much better than rich desserts, sugary drinks, fried foods if you learn to enjoy them fully. A good book borrowed from the library, a walk with a loved one in the park, the fine exertion of a short hard workout, the crazy things your child says, the smile of a stranger, walking barefoot on grass, a moment of quiet as the morning wakens and the world still rests. These little pleasures are living well, without needing much.

6. Be driven by joy and not fear. People are driven by the fear of missing out, or the fear of change, or the fear of losing something. These are not good reasons to do things. Instead, do things because they give you or others joy. Let your work be driven not because you need to support a lifestyle and are afraid of changing it, but by the joy of doing something creative, meaningful, valuable.

7. Practice compassion. Compassion for others creates loving, rewarding relationships. Compassion for yourself means forgiving yourself for past mistakes, treating yourself well (including eating well and exercising), loving yourself as you are.

8. Forget about productivity and numbers. They matter not at all. If you are driven to do things to reach certain numbers (goals), you have probably lost sight of what's important. If you are striving to be productive, you are filling your days with things just to be productive, which is a waste of a day. This day is a gift, and shouldn't be crammed with every possible thing - spend time enjoying it and what you're doing.

www.telugubhakti.com  - A one stop Bhakti and Cultural portal.

No comments: